Despite not being available to buy until the 5th of November, Balmain’s creative director, Olivier Rousteing and H&M are tempting fashionistas with tailored, textured, and heavily embroidered glorious designs, as seen in the newly released look book. Here are our favourite pieces from the collection and how you can get your hands on it!
It’s undoubtedly the most highly-anticipated collaborations of the year, between the French haute couture fashion house and the leading Swedish High Street store. We are pleased to be sharing our favourite picks from the Balmain x H&M lookbook here on Little Scandinavian. And you’ll be surprised how wearable the styles are, when paired with the more casual part of your wardrobe; skinny jeans, large leather belts, leather boots and oversized wool cardigans.
The black velvet blazer with silky notch lapels and gold button fastenings through front would glam up any outfit this Winter and can easily become a favourite piece in my wardrobe. A similar style at the Balmain website retails for €1,590.00…
I wouldn’t be brave enough to wear this statement top – but the glamorous faux fur jacket and suede effect trousers, in a low-rise denim style, skinny cut, paneled knees, gold button details – yes please!
“The allover beaded dress comes from my very first Balmain collection, so it’s like I’m literally giving to H&M the beginning of my story. There’s something emotional for me about how this dress was born, and now through H&M I’m giving it to the world.” Olivier Rousteing
The mini dress features the classic Balmain style, designed for a slim-fit with shoulder pads.
Another favourite dress is this one, to the left. A proper stand out piece and very similar to the gorgeous Devore Velvet Mini Dress, that retails for nearly £3000 at the Balmain website.
And this biker jacket, finished with gold hardware and double asymmetrical zip-fastening through front. The slim-fit cut emphasize your waist. Wear it with your favourite pair of denim or over your most figure hugging cocktail dress. You would never have thought you could own a Balmain biker jacket without having to dip into your life savings… Well, from the 5th of November (if you have queued up early enough) you can!
My girlfriends who tend to go to all the H&M design collaboration launches have the following tip:
– Browse the range ahead of time and identify the key pieces you want to get your hands on.
– Check what shop nearest to you that will be stocking the collection on the H&M website
– Take the morning off from work.
– The earliest line up from 4am. I’d say be there no later than 7am.
– Team up with a girlfriend or two, who are equally excited about the collection as you are, and make the wait into a fun and sociable event.
– Bring a flask with coffee, warm clothes and umbrella.
– You will be given a coloured wristbands, with a time when you can come back and shop the range.
– Get back 15 minutes ahead of your slot, so you don’t miss it.
– You then have 10 minutes to shop. Grab the pieces you want. Unsure about the size? Get the item in more sizes and simply return the ones that didn’t fit with a full refund if you return it within 28 days.
If you you can’t be there and are relying on online shopping – log on to the H&M website at 8:30am. The collection launches 9am. In the past the site has crashed shortly after and when it comes back up again – the items I wanted are long gone. But you can always try. Some are lucky!
Two weeks to go… Save the date and set your alarm clocks girls. x