Out of the Dark is a charity organisation that teaches disadvantaged young people work ethics and work skills, skills that will be the tools to help them become resilient, confident and able in all areas of their life. To support Out of the Dark, Bubble London decided to host a charity auction.
Thecharity has received an enormous amount of press -but that alone does not convert into fundings to continue their important work for young people.
To raise money for this amazing charitable social enterprise, Bubble London invited favourite bloggers and creative friends to each design and upcycle 11 chairs, to be auctioned at the London kids trade show.
Auction list, from left:
3. Stylish combination of painted turquoise and elaborate velvet fabric in peacock feather print, by Bianca Wessel / Little Scandinavian
4. Fun and Funky, the Famous Five chair, in bright green and yellow, by Fran Lee / Production Element
5. Retro and bright, the beautiful owl chair, by Natalie Lee / Blogger at Style Me Sunday
6. Elegant and sleek with floral printed fabric, by Peppe Orru / Contributing Fashion Editor at Collezioni
9. The cat chair, by Sophie Crichton / Illustrator and Blogger at Decodolly
10. Retro modern, by Suzanne Peters / Blogger at
11. Muted grey with peacock feather printed velvet upholstery fabric, by Victoria Evans / Editor City Kids Magazine
The chairs in the auction are all vintage 1950s refectory stacking chairs, recognisable as a distinctive highlight of mid-century British design. How to bid? It’s a Silent Auction; email your bid to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th of February 2015, with the chair number and your maximum bid. Happy Bidding!