Exhibitions and arts and craft workshops in London, for children and families this Half Term. Here’s our short list on the best family friendly events and activities on offer in the capital this week. Anything to keep the little people amused!
Wednesday 29th May
– Workshop: Free drop-in art workshop for ages 6+, 10:30am or 2pm, Good Gods! at The Wallace Collection
Thursday 30th May
– Course: Introduction to Chess for ages 6+, 10:30 or 2pm, £3 (with career) at the V&A Museum of Childhood
– Workshop: Discover Butterflies and Bees in Hyde Park. all ages, adults £10 / children £6 at the Royal Parks
Butterfly print by New Generals
Friday 31st May
– Workshop: Create your own pop-up fancy furniture, ages 7+, 10.30am or 2pm, price £7 at The Wallace Collection
– Workshop: Experiment, play and create at Open Studio, all ages, 11-4pm free admission at Tate Modern
Saturday 1st June
– Workshop: Make your own secret agent ID card, all ages, 2pm free drop in Spy Kid at V&A Museum of Childhood
– Exhibition & Workshop: For ages 8+, free model of an Airfix Hurricane + craft sessions 11am or 2pm at the RAF Museum
Sunday 2d June
– Workshop: Free drop-in drawing workshop for all ages and abilities, 1:30pm, at The Wallace Collection
– Flower Market: open 8am – 3pm (the earlier the better). Enjoy a road full of flowers and plants, live music, cheerful people and delicious street food at Columbia Road flower market
Other ideas include urban sketching. Bring a sketchbook, some pencils and crayons and sketch your favourite place, building etc. Weather permitting of course, all ages or depending on how long they’ll be able to stay interested. Seek inspiration from the blog, Urban Sketchers London.
Please share any other ideas you may have for family friendly activities and outings over half term.